THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Disrespect

I heard some horrifying news today. My husband's church, and the cemetery that is part of it was trampled by members of the T. Democratic Party that were caucusing. His church is a landmark in our town, and is over 150 years old. Members of the church, and other locals have generations of their loved ones laid to rest here. It was a beautiful place.

Now, headstones have been broken, graves demolished, monuments and flowers soiled by tire tracks, boards, trees branches and mud.


Who could do this? I realize there wasn't much room to park, and apparently the caucus got out of hand. But there are several streets nearby with ample parking. A huge grass lot to the west of the church is quite large. Why did they park on sacred ground? Is casting your vote worth driving over a freshly dug grave with some one's child in it? Who does these things?

Anyway, this is not a political post. I try to stay our of political wars. I consider myself a moderate, but tend to vote R. I DO vote for who I think is the best candidate with respect to my views regardless of partisan ties. I am pro-life, pro-capital punishment, but also a big proponent for education and support for children who are under insured. I don't know that the Republican party would have been any more respectful. Has this election and the excitement behind it led to just utter disregard? I really hope not.

No comments: