THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A completed chapter of my life

Last week while the Duke was gone, I decided to do some spring cleaning. I still have a long way to go, but on thing I accomplished was cleaning out the kids' clothes that are too small. I've boxed and bagged them up, along with my leftover maternity clothes, and they are awaiting decisions as to where they will go. So sad to pack away those baby things. So tiny...so cute! I kept most of the newborn clothes for the girls to use as doll clothes, and I kept all the sentimental things to cherish.

The biggest closed chapter, however, is the end of my breastfeeding career. I have nursed all three of my children as long as they wanted, and now...my baby has decided she is done. She nursed the longest of the 3 by far. Drama was 6 months, and Sunshine 4 months (cut short by pregnancy with Tink affecting the taste...she doesn't seem any worse for the wear). A part of me is sad to know that chapter is over.

The big boobs of pregnancy and nursing have given way to the saggy, mismatched, water balloons of motherhood. But at the same time I feel like I have regained a portion of me that has been missing for quite sometime. I have been pregnant or nursing a child since December of 2005. I have not been able to take any good medications for colds, headaches, etc...or drink in any great or regular amounts. Not that I drink that much, or take many OTC drugs...but the point is that now I can. I can go away for the weekend and not worry about pumping, storing, or engorgement. It's a liberation that is refreshing. Last night I actually slept through the first night time feeding in 2 1/2 years...and the Duke took care of it...and I never knew it until I saw a bottle in the sink this morning. How sweet is that??? And I can always look at my beautiful children and know that I gave them the best start in life, with a sacrifice that was more than worth it!

Goodbye 32 DD boobs....hello mini-freedom!

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

FREEDOM! Boobs...highly overrated.

Freedom won't make your back hurt later. :)

not that I know this from experience. that's what they TELL me tho.