THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday, May 5, 2008

Today is the day!

In about 1 1/2 hours, the Duke's plane will land...and assuming I can wrangle the children...we will be waiting at the baggage claim. I've been really curios to see how each child will react towards him. Sunshine has been having serious separation anxiety crying out for me at odd hours of the night, yet Drama said "wow, already...that was a fast trip". Tinkerbell seems no worse for the wear. She does say a lot of words now when prompted, so it will be fun to show him her new skill. Her words include da-da, ma-ma, uh-oh, baby (doesn't sound very much like baby), ba-ba, and no. Sometimes I can't tell if she is saying na-na, or just two or more "no's" in a row....so possibly another word. I was hoping she would have been walking more, but I guess it's a good thing that he didn't miss much. She did take 5 steps towards me on Wednesday, but has yet to repeat the process.
Sunshine has also picked up some interesting words. When Tink cries she says "she go nite-nite". REALLY cute....unless SS hits her first and then says that. Um, no SS, she is not crying because she needs to sleep, she just needs you to stop hitting her.

Do you all have any experience with dads/moms being gone long? Should I expect SS to react negatively? My mom mentioned that I ignored her when she came back from a trip when I was SS's age. I guess we can't really predict children, and how they will react. And...after the weeks I've had with the Duke gone I would say he deserves whatever is coming to him. Mwa ha ha ha!!!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

AGreed...and so glad he is home by now!

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

just catching up - thing 1 and thing 2 cracked me up - that's what I have called the boys on more than one occasion!