THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WTF??? (and other random thoughts)

-The other day in the grocery store a man commented to his wife "hey honey...it would actually be cheaper if we could put milk in our gas tank". Sure enough I looked at the price of 1 gallon of milk ($3.29) and compared it to the $89.95 it took to fill my tank the day before (at $3.89/gal). I remember an ad in the newspaper several years back to keep people from complaining about gas prices and they used milk as an example. If you think gas is expensive, imagine if you had to fill your tank with milk. That would be nearly $3 a gallon. I would gladly fill my tank with milk. Could I use the expired stuff in my fridge?

-Also the other day, at a local Starbucks (around 9:30 AM), a mom walks in with her obese daughter. Daughter looked to be maybe 9 or 10. Mom wasn't thin, but not huge. Anyway, she orders herself a tall non-fat latte, then proceeds to order her daughter a grande hot chocolate...extra whip. Then says "oh and a donut". Hunh??? Why don't you just order her a side of diabetes and a heart attack with it lady...you are killing your offspring.

-My 11 month old and 22 month old wear the same size in clothes right now.

-My 8 year old is almost as tall as his best friend's mother and is one shoe size away from men's footwear. Do they put miracle grow in Fruity Pebbles?

-On a random day at 2 pm in Texas, in the middle of June, it was 72 degrees. Sweet!

-I'm getting a bikini wax this Friday. When I made the appt. they tried to sell me a .5 oz vial of "numbing creme" for the pain for the bargain price of $17. I said no thanks and proceeded to drive across the street to Wal Mart and buy the same stuff, in a 6 oz bottle for $3. Highway robbery at best.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I saw a guy putting cooking oil in his car where the motor oil goes. Is it that much cheaper?

Ick.