THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Made my week!

Just wanted to say that while I was at the gym the Duke cleaned the kitchen for me. It's the little things in life these days that just brighten my day! :)

Also, for those of you who are not from around these parts, we had our Annual service of Lessons and Carols. The Duke directed a small ensemble that I was allowed to sing in. It was the most fun I have ever had singing. I got to help pick out all of the music. Between us and the big choir, we offered music from the 10th century to the 20th! How amazing is that? There were a few parts that didn't learn their music well, but some of the pieces were so pretty and moving.

The Duke and I sang a duet together for the first time ever 'There is No Rose of Swych Vertu'. It's a medieval piece of music that is just beautiful in text and harmonies. I had a god friend today tell me that it was really romantic and sweet when we started singing together, and another friend told me that she actually got teary at that moment the other night.

I had a great time and wish we could do it more often! It was very fulfilling for me at a time where I really needed something great. Thanks Duke.....YOU ROCK!

No comments: