THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Monday, February 16, 2009

Something to think about

Ok, so I'm a mom of three....and I'm busy. I started this blog as a way to vent all the frustrations of the world of mom in a private, annonymous environment. Yet, it quickly became not so annonymous. And then I felt like I couldn't really vent because people would come to know me as a complainer. Or an unhappy person. And I don't want that.

I love my life. I am married to my best friend. I have God in my life. I am healthy. I have a great family. I have 3 beautiful children. I have friends around me at every corner I turn. Why in the world would I need to complain?

I have also noticed that I don't keep up on blogs as much as I would like to. Not that I don't have anything to say, maybe I have too much and can't put it in words on a page. Life is coming at me too quickly. I am going here...I am going there.

I looked over at my beautiful Tinkerbel today sitting in the chair, watching TV ever so eloquently and I saw this 6 year old girl in her place. Not that she's going on 6...I know that, but she looked so grown up. I could see her 6 year old face shining through, and these intelligent knowing eyes. It scared me. It was an all too painful reminder that they grow up too fast.

Sorry.....tangent.

My point with this is that I am considering halting this blog, and moving it over to my family blog. There I would have the mommy blog, complete with cute pics and great funny stories of my three caballeros...but I could also be me a little more....maybe.

I have also thought about supplementing that blog with a diet and exercise for real moms blog complete with all my food planning, grocery lists and weight loss ups and downs. That would help me journal, and may serve as an inspiration to others.

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

Mrs. Swizzle said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I have really fallen off from updating either of my blogs. And my "anonymous" one isn't so much any more either.

I've had something that I've wanted to blog about on there lately but haven't because it's something I'd rather talk to my friends about in person instead of throwing it out on the blog. (So I haven't done either yet).

I think your idea about combining with you mom blog and adding to it is a great one.

You might want to keep this one around to vent to those of us who know you when you don't want people like your MIL reading it.

Mary Beth said...

You do what makes YOU feel good. That's what I say!

Miss Smarty Pants said...

I think that we can never be totatly anonymous anyway. The point of an anonymous blog for me is that I can (sort of) control who gets there. For example, if anyone "googles" me, they will not find my blog. That's why no names or locations. That being said, I agree with Mary Beth - Blogging is supposed to be a happy thing, not a chore. Do what makes you happy.

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

I love blogging and I love your blog. You are a fabulous writer and I would really miss your wit and sarcasm in this blog that is semi-anonymous. But I understand. You are busy. I love to read your ramblings though so if you keep it up, know that I am reading (that doesn't sound nearly as stalkerish in my head as it reads on the page).