THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My kitchen window...and yours???

I've been tagged by MB over at Terrapin Station!!!

What does my kitchen window look like?
So, since she asked nicely....and because I know you all want to see my dirty windows....


Here it is:



















When it comes to decorating, I am going through a "less is more" phase. Maybe because less clutter means less stress.

Anyway in my window is:

1. 1 surprisingly hearty plant left over from the birth of our first daughter, Sunshine (notice the "it's a girl" thingies still in place). I am plagued by an black thumb. Every plant or flower I have ever owned has died a tragic death, including former window resident, Nigel...RIP. But not this plant. The sweet church lady who gave it to us told me to water when it looks droopy and that's all the maintenance it will ever need. So, lone droopy plant is still around. I'm not proud, just surprised.

2. Sun catcher. MIL gave this to me. I have no real attachment other than the fact that the sun comes in that window for a brief moment in the morning and it looks pretty and we have no other place to put it where the children won't hurt it.

3. Paper towels:. A must have for any house with children. 3 children = 30 times the mess!

4. Dial antibacterial soap. 3 children....need I explain?

5. Drama's chameleon. The Duke found this outside last week and captured it for the DK. He loves all things creepy and crawly right now. In fact, at one point last week most of my Tupperware was tied up housing spiders or "spider food". Now that he has this guy, he has let all of the other creatures go. He doesn't normally reside here, but thought he would like some bright light today. He lives in Drama's room...which like any other 8 year old boy's room is dark and dingy. I fear for my life in there.

6. Citrus Magic air freshener. Mom picked this up for me after my complaining that the cats leave horrific smells in the litter box, but it seems that spraying a bunch of air freshener around babies just isn't safe. Let me add that there in no magic in this stuff. Cat poop + citrus magic just smells citrus cat poop. Gross!

7. Random soothie paci...freshly sterilized. I sterilized a bunch of Sunshine's pacis. She doesn't take this kind, but I am hoping that one day Tinkerbell will take ANY paci, so I keep a few extras of different types around. The Duke says I should give up on that battle and just make a boob impression for her. Hmmmmm. Do they do that?

I tag the newly pregnant Dana (congrats!!!) , Lt. Dawn (who actually goes longer than me without updating her blog) , and best friend from high school and new mommy blogger, Tara.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWRIGHT!

You played! I'm so excited!

I love seeing your stuff. Maybe it will inspire me to remove about 90% of mine in the kitchen window.

Boy's rooms...get worse. Eww!

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

Pretty window! I love it. I will post mine tonight.