THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sleep...what's that?

Most women I have known in my life say they do not sleep well when their significant other is out of town. I am right there with them. I get the whole bed, don't have to fight for covers, and no one is snoring in my ear...but can't doze off. It's too quiet. Eerily quiet. I am a light sleeper...always have been. This has been magnified by having children...I have the monitors turned up so loud I can hear them breathing.

This trip I have been thrust into crazy mode. I don't sleep. I listen for every sound outside and in. Dogs barking, son getting up to use restroom at 3 AM, babies sneezing, car doors closing, airplanes flying over....it makes my head spin just thinking about it. Every night the kids have gone to bed by 8:30, and slept well. But I have been tossing and turning until around 2.

Last night I decided to give myself a break and take some Tylenol PM. Have you ever had the stuff??? It's good stuff. My OB recommended it for the last few weeks of pregnancy when I could not sleep to save my life...and it DID save my life. It was still sitting on the shelf in the medicine cabinet and called to me yesterday. I took two (I usually take only one).

BIG MISTAKE!!!!

Tinkerbel was up screaming from 9-11 last night. I also (dumb move) let Drama attend a baseball game with his Godparents and he walked in the door at 11:15. Then around 11:30 got a text from the Duke saying he missed everyone and would be traveling most of today blah blah blah. I finally fell fast asleep...until Sunshine starting shrieking around 1AM. I rocked her to sleep and put her soundly in her crib...3 times. She would wait until I crawled into bed, then started up again. Around 2:15 she woke her sister up and I told her she was on her own until I got the baby back to sleep (I figured she would be easier). She went down like a breeze, and I went back in, gave SS a Motrin dose and some water to drink, then rubbed her back for 15 minutes. She finally fell back asleep. Then TB was up for her usual 6AM feeding.

Sheesh I am tired. It's almost like my kids knew that I took a sleep aid. How do they do that???

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Ugh! I took 2 Tylenol PM the night before my brother's funeral, for obvious reasons and because I was sleeping in the upstairs guest room bed. (My parents don't do so well with upstairs anymore.)

The next morning? I was a ZOMBIE. Never again!

I'm well so far and coming over tonight! Woot!

Mrs. Swizzle said...

Oh man, I used to have the monitor turned up louder than I do now. But every time Sparkle would move, it would wake me up.

NOW? I turn it on and up a little bit, then I put my ear to it and turn it down as far as I can until I don't hear white noise anymore. Then I turn it up just enough for the white noise to come back. I sleep much better now. I do hear her when she cries in the middle of the night, but she doesn't cry long enough for me to actually get out of bed.