THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wow...

Just spent some time catching up on other's blogs. It seems I am going to need a break from reading blogs until after the election. I am absolutely sick ...stopping now. Why do people attack the individuals that run? The only reasonable discussion I have had about this election was with a friend who listens to both sides instead of looking at the party affiliations. We both want a non-partisan candidate. Not just a dem or rep dressed in "libertarian" clothing.

She says the candidates try to mold themselves into the D or R groups "platforms" so they can win the party nomination. I could't agree more. Then they back-peddle everything they have said to win the "swing states" to the point where no one stands for what they really believe in...just what they think people want to hear. And who knows what anyone stands for with all these stupid ads? The back-stabbing, mud slinging....make it stop. Just say what you stand for! I say F*** partisan politics.


But while we are all shopping...why not??? My new bumper stickers and T-shirt, inspired by Obama's new tax plan, and Biden's comment "Paying taxes is patriotic". No, it's a duty. Flying the American flag, being proud to be an American no matter what, and praying to God to hold your country in his hands during these tough times is patriotic. You lost me there big guy.



2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Giggling...

I am perfectly fine with the fact that we disagree, and can agree to do that. It makes life more interesting.

I did have someone attack me on Facebook for my support of Obama. Someone I know! I was really shocked. I have a delete key, you have a delete key...can't we all just get along?

:)

Duchess of Insanity said...

I hear ya on that one! I have to "safe zone" friends that I know I can freely disagree with them and they will not bite me back. And of course they are free to disagree with me too....

But some people are so passionate about what they believe...LOOK OUT!