THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lucky me

I get regular email newsletters from Babycenter about the stages my children are in. I get two a week now since the Dramakid has outgrown the center bulletins. Today the newsletter was called "Your 2-month-old: Week 2". Wow, is she really that old? Here is something it said inside:
"If your baby's sleeping through the night (five or six hours at a stretch), you're one of the lucky few. Most 10-week-old babies still wake up in the middle of the night. But even babies who aren't sleeping through the night at this stage should be sleeping and staying awake for longer intervals instead of cycling back and forth so much. Your baby will most likely have two to four long sleep periods and as many as ten hours of awake time in 24 hours."

So, am I considered lucky if TB sleeps for 8 hours, but Sunshine wakes up? They never coordinate these things.

The luck doesn't stop there...
Three people this week have told me I look thinner. One was my aerobics instructor. Yes I have been working out, but I am chalking this up to luck since I have eaten 2 bags of cookies on my own in the last week.

Still more luck...
My Aunt Flo has come to visit for the first time since November of 2005!!! Why me? I am breastfeeding...excusively. This baby likes the boob. She won't take a pacifier and will only take a bottle when she absolutely has to. Sometimes she will just refuse to eat when offered the bottle only. So what gives?
Here is a response on WebMD to a question about nursing in relation to menstuation:

"Though exclusive breastfeeding, where your baby meets all his nutritional and sucking needs at the breast, usually delays the return of your menstrual period and fertility, this is not always the case."

Oh really?????

It continues...

"There are many factors involved in maintaining lactational infertility, such as number of feeds per day, duration of feeds, total time spent breastfeeding each day,longest interval between feeds, etc.

LMAO! Well we've already determined that "lactational infertility" does not affect me...at all.

It is thought that even with unrestricted, round-the-clock nursing some moms are sensitive to slight hormonal shifts, possibly occurring due to increased length of time in between some feeds. This may be enough to allow your menstrual period to return. You might find that if your baby increases his nursing frequency, duration, etc., the time in between your periods may increase, or your baby's sucking may be enough to again suppress ovulation, and the return of your period."

Great. So here I am, crampy and mad at the world because I can't take anything good for periods, like Aleve cause I am nursing thus not even supposed to be menstruating.

Lucky? Maybe not so much!

No comments: