THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Germ warfare

Sorry no post in awhile folks. My house is under siege!

Tinkerbel has been sick with some green nose thing since December 1st. I don't know why she isn't getting better. She is on an antibiotic and yet nothing has changed. I am starting to wonder if maybe she has allergies.

Sunshine has a gross nose too, but it hasn't been as long. Too bad she still has to sleep with her paci. Kind of hard with the green goo. She has started night waking again because of it. Lord I hope this one gets better faster than TB!!!

Drama gave us quite a scare this weekend. We took him to the Dr last Thursday for an "asthma re-evaluation". He was coughing and wheezing, but nothing too serious. Friday his temp went up to 103. We thought, oh he has the flu and treated the fever and body aches with Tylenol.
Being that Drama is....well...drama, we chalked up the "chest pains" to his normal over the top remarks.

On Sunday I could tell that he was getting sicker. He just didn't seem to be feeling better. We started having to do several breathing treatments every hour just to keep him from coughing. So Monday morning I called the Dr. and we went in again. She said his lungs sounded ok, but since he looked so sick she ordered a few tests. They took a chest X-ray and tested for the flu. Flu test was negative. Chest Xray showed pneumonia in his left lobe.

Need I say this week has been busy? D couldn't sleep without barking all night until just last night. The baby for some reason was waking every hour to nurse (growth spurt???), and SS was also night waking.

I feel like a freaking zombie. Plus the post partum hormone shift has happened an my hair has been falling out in gobs, and is getting oily everyday. I used to be able to go 3 days without washing and just using a freshening hair powder at the roots. Now I have enough oil to make McD's french fries after 12 hours. Come on! I need the 3 days right now more than ever.

To make matters worse, my B-day is looming in the very near future. I am not happy about it. To me I look old...and tired. Tired and old. Smile lines and age spots are peaking through what used to be radiant pore-perfect skin during pregnancy. Bags under my eyes show the months with no sleep and my body just isn't responding to workouts the way I had hoped. The Duke has been awfully sweet and either pretending he doesn't notice, or really not noticing and even calling me "beautiful" at times. It really helps a poor Dutch who is exhausted beyond belief.
God gave me a good man. He can drive me absolutely crazy at times, but he always makes me feel like a million bucks!

1 comment:

HAPPYHANERHOME said...

I HATE the hormone shift--I wish I could capitalize that MORE!!! HATE it! Oily balding head be damned!