THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday, January 18, 2008

Taking back our room

So, as I mentioned in an earlier post from this year, we have been doing some reorganizing and moving around of things. One of the things we did was to move Tinkerbell's crib into the office. We made it really pretty with these soft curtains that filtered the window light, but Sunshine has since pulled them down, ruining the curtain rod. TB will stay here in the office until she can get down to one night time feeding, then we will move her into the room with her sister. (Then no one will ever sleep...right???)

There are things I couldn't do when TB was sleeping there. We don't have a door on our master bath. So, after she went to sleep, taking a hot bath was out of the question. Ah... soaking in our giant tub (now that I am FINALLY not pregnant and can sit in steamy waters) is amazing therapy for an over-tired, stressed mom. It melts my cares away and I drift off into a happy slumber...for 3 hours anyway.
I also love watching Lifetime TV before bed (Mon-Thurs anyway). I hadn't been able to in ages since it would keep TB awake. Usually I will watch "Will and Grace" at 10, then the Duke would come up and watch "Frasier" with me at 11. This puts me asleep around 12:30 which is WAY too late now. But since I have missed it for so long I have made myself stay awake the last week or so just for old times sake (something that will be remedied this week).

After having the babe in our room for 6 months, we forgot what it was like to be a married couple. We would have to sneak around and be very very quiet, so as not to disturb anyone, for any chance at intimacy. It's not like you can run downstairs and have a romp on the couch when there's an 8 year old wandering to and from the bathroom in the middle of the night. That lock on the door is there for a reason.

Ok, we still have a long road to getting back what we had pre-baby. Those carefree newlywed days where you could do whatever you wanted...whenever and wherever. But last week the Duke did take them time to light the candelabras that flank the sides of our bed (I think it may have been the 2nd time they were ever lit). It was probably more to keep me from watching the lights on the two separate (but equal) monitors that reside on each nightstand and not him trying to be romantic. I swear if we so much as kiss, one of those monitors is bound to start lighting up within 30 seconds.

At least it's a step in the right direction. Privacy and space are things I never knew I wanted or needed. How wonderful to be rediscovering MY (well our) room!!!

No comments: