THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lent schment

So...

After 2 weeks....how am I doing?

I've been to 1 of 2 Lent Sunday mornings at church....not bad.
I went to the first Lenten Monday Night Lives and my children were absolutely evil...so I decided to not to go back. (not really my fault I guess)

I went from Ash Wednesday until this past Friday without sweets. YAY me!
On Friday night I started the cramping and the mood swings that signaled the start to the 3rd post-baby cycle. Then...it started. I was achy, whiney, and miserable. I cried to the Duke that I jut needed chocolate and everything would be ok. Apparently I was not so pleasant because he responded that God would probably be less mad at me if I had a piece of chocolate than if I beat my entire family.
So, I had a piece of chocolate. One piece, and it was enough. I was cheerful, yet still whiney and stayed in bed with a heating pad all night.
I have eaten some chocolate everyday since. Almost like I can't make it through a period without it. Is it a miracle drug? What is it with chocolate? Why doe it call to us in times of stress?
I think the cycle is about over, and I am officially back on the Lent wagon.

Let's see how it goes from here.

1 comment:

Mary Beth said...

I gave up swearing for Lent.

Today, I am sorry for that.

But I guess I could eat chocolate...