THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Friday, February 22, 2008

Ugh

Tomorrow is the kick-off to the spring soccer season. I am dreading it more than usual this time. I have no patience for: the "my SUV is bigger than yours" attitude as they swipe in front of your precious-cargo-carrying vehicle just in time to nick your parking space. The ladies who wear full make-up for an 8AM game. The dads who yell at their kids like they just bobbled the snap in a playoff game. The constant chasing of Sunshine who desperately wants to be on the field with her brother. Providing healthy snacks while trying to be the coolest mom on the team at the request of above mentioned son. My ex-husband refusing to comb son's hair for yet another picture. Having to be in the same place at the same time with said ex....and having to make small talk...with a forced smile. Having to be out of bed before 9 on a Saturday. Smelling like dirty kids for the rest of the day. I could go on....but I won't. You get the picture.

I will say that I do get immense joy in knowing that 2 times a week my son is outside in fresh air and exercising, which is more than double what he gets in our "no child gets left behind, instead they get diabetes" public school system.

2 comments:

Mrs. Swizzle said...

I'm so not looking forward to corralling Sparkle this season. It's going to be so different now that she's SO mobile!

OH, I edited my blog post. :P

Anonymous said...

You know the other moms are totally jealous of your darling young self!! And you darling family and current husband!!

We're dodging the soccer season - next is baseball for the Incredibles.